The 2024 Summer Olympics, officially known as the Games of the XXXIII Olympiad, are a forthcoming international multi-sport event expected to be organized by the International Olympic Committee. Bidding for the host city will begin in 2015, with the winning bid to be announced in 2017 at the 129th IOC Session.
Potential bids 
- In August 2012, Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga announced that the capital city of Nairobi was planning on bidding for the games.
- In March 2011, the Moroccan government confirmed that they would begin construction of an 80,000-seat stadium in preparation for a bid for either the 2024 or 2028 Summer Olympics.
- After the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Durban was the most likely South African candidate for the 2020 Summer Olympics, before the country withdrew its bid. There is a possibility that it will bid for the 2024 or 2028 Summer Olympics. In August 2012, the South African Olympic Committee (Sascoc) announced that it had commissioned a feasibility study for bidding on the 2024 Olympics, including which city would be best suited to host the Olympics.
- Doha bid to host the 2016 Summer Olympics, in addition to bidding for the 2020 Summer Olympics. After Doha failed to become a candidate for the 2020 Games, it was stated that Doha looks "forward to the 2024 race".
- Dubai was considering a bid for the 2020 Summer Olympics, though they now instead plan on bidding for the 2024 Games.
- Taiwan's capital and the country's largest city may put in a bid in accordance with a campaign promise made by then-presidential candidate Ma Ying-jeou while he was running for President in 2008. It is seen as the culmination of a build-up in hosting sporting events for Taipei and the rest of Taiwan. Taipei hosted the 2009 Deaflympics while Kaohsiung hosted the 2009 World Games. Taipei is hosting the 2017 Summer Universiade. In 2011, President Ma-Ying-jeou stated once again that Taiwan will bid for the 2024 Games.
- Baku submitted a bid for the 2016 Summer Olympics and later submitted a bid for the 2020 Summer Olympics. Baku failed to become a candidate both times. Upon failing to become a candidate for the 2020 Games, it was stated that Baku would "come back again next time even stronger". The city was chosen to host the European Games in 2015 and had already hosted the 2012 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup and various other international competitions, such as 2011 World Amateur Boxing Championships.
- The French capital was unsuccessful in vying to be the host city for the 1992, 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games. The year 2024 will mark the 100th anniversary of the 1924 Summer Olympics held in Paris. The former French Minister of Sports, Jean-Francois Lamour, had made it clear that 2024 represents a choice objective for a Parisian bid. €35 million will be planned to build new sports venues around Paris in order to improve quality of the future Parisian bid. The city decided not to bid for the 2020 Summer Olympics on July 12, 2011, after Annecy's 2018 Winter Olympics bid was rejected, and claimed that Paris would bid for the 2024 summer edition instead.
- The mayor of Berlin, Klaus Wowereit, has stated that Berlin is exploring a bid for the 2024 or 2028 Olympic Games. Berlin hosted the 1936 Summer Olympics and last bid for the 2000 Summer Olympics, but was eliminated in the second round with the Olympics ultimately awarded to Sydney, Australia.
- The Associated Press reported on 11 November 2012 that Rome is gearing up for another attempt to bid for the 2024 Olympics. Rome's Mayor Gianni Alemanno was quoted that "they have to be ready in 2017 to again present a bid for the Olympics".
- Saint Petersburg is weighing a bid to bring the 2024 Summer Games to Russia. Marat Bariev of the Olympic Committee added that the plans were still at an early stage and there were potential rival bidders within Russia: Kazan, building on its 2013 Summer Universiade development. In October 2011, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Kozak stated that Saint Petersburg "is up to the task of holding the Summer Games of 2024."
- Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Borys Kolesnikov stated that in the case that Ukraine successfully co-hosts the UEFA Euro 2012 with Poland, it may potentially place a bid for hosting the 2024 Summer Olympics. Kiev was one of the host cities of UEFA Euro 2012 and is the city where the final match was held. Ukraine is also interested in a bid for the 2022 Winter Olympics.
North America 
- On July 10, 2007, it was revealed that the Canadian Olympic Committee had begun work on a bid for the 2024 games for Toronto, the largest city in Canada. This would be Toronto's third bid for the Summer Olympic games, after a third place (to Atlanta, US and Athens, Greece) bid for the 1996 games and second place (to Beijing, China) bid for the 2008 games. Toronto has been actively working on hosting the Summer Olympics since 1986. The 1976 Summer Olympics were the last time the Summer Olympics were held in Canada. On August 11, 2011, Toronto's Mayoral office announced it would not be pursuing a bid for the 2020 games. As of September 2011, it was reported that there was still talk of Toronto bidding for the 2024 Games. On June 8, 2012, the Toronto City Council voted overwhelmingly in favor of pursuing a 2024 Olympic bid and asked for a staff report on pursuing the 2024 games, with the study expected to be done by March 2013. Toronto successfully bid for the 2015 Pan American Games and is currently spending $1.4 billion upgrading the existing, extensive sports facilities of Toronto. At the end of the 2011 Pan American Games, Allen Vansen, who serves as senior vice president of operations for the 2015 Pan American Games, stated that if Toronto does a good job at hosting the Pan Am games that Toronto could make a future bid as Rio de Janeiro, Brazil had done with the 2007 Pan American Games and then the 2016 Summer Olympics. As with Rio de Janeiro, IOC President Jacques Rogge has stated that successfully hosting the Pan American Games could help Toronto to finally land the Olympic Games.
- With the successful development of the Pan American Games in the city and the positive reviews of the same, Governor of the State of Jalisco, Emilio González Márquez confirmed during his speech at the closing ceremony that the city seek Olympic legacy infrastructure by leveraging the event and with a much more attractive modernization, in fact the city and is home to the World Swimming Championships in 2017 and an official candidate for III Youth Olympic Games in 2018 which would support his possible election as the candidate oficial. Later Senate of Mexico sent the official recommendations for the application of the city.
- By 2024, it will have been 28 years since the United States staged the Summer Olympics in Atlanta in 1996. New York City bid to host the 2012 Summer Olympics and lost to London. Chicago made a bid for the 2016 Games but lost to Rio de Janeiro. The United States did not bid for the 2020 Olympics. In July 2012, the USOC ruled out bidding for the 2022 Winter Olympics and is focusing on bidding for the 2024 Summer Olympics or the 2026 Winter Olympics. In addition to the cities listed below that are actively exploring a potential bid, Boston, Chicago, New York City, San Diego, Minneapolis–Saint Paul, and Philadelphia have been mentioned as potentially being interested in bidding, but have not yet formally announced their intentions to explore potential bids. On February 19, 2013, the USOC sent out letters to the mayors of 35 cities to gauge their interest in hosting the 2024 Olympics. Some of the cities included were Atlanta, Boston, New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Memphis, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Miami, St. Louis, Sacramento, Seattle, Charlotte, Portland, Phoenix, Columbus, Nashville, Rochester and Indianapolis.
- On August 14, 2012, WFAA in Dallas reported that the Dallas 2024 committee is firming up plans for a Dallas 2024 Olympic bid. Matt Wood, involved in the successful Sydney 2000 Olympic bid for the 2000 Summer Olympics, is leading the effort for Dallas 2024. The current plan calls for Fair Park to be transformed into an Olympic Village with housing for 20,000 people and which would later be converted to apartments. The existing Cotton Bowl would be heavily renovated for track and field events in order to serve as an Olympic Stadium. American Airlines Center, Cowboys Stadium, and FC Dallas Stadium have also been mentioned as potential venues for other events.
- Los Angeles hosted the 1932 and 1984 Summer Olympics. Los Angeles bid to become the US applicant city for the 2016 Summer Olympics, however the USOC selected Chicago instead. In September 2011, Los Angeles was awarded the 2015 Special Olympics World Summer Games. In November 2011, a delegation from Los Angeles attended a seminar at the IOC headquarters in Lausanne for cities interested in bidding on future Olympic Games. In February 2012, Los Angeles hosted the 5th IOC World Conference on Women and Sport. At the conference, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and IOC Member Anita DeFrantz stated that that the city would be interested in hosting for a third time. On August 17, 2012, Councilman Tom LaBonge announced that he would introduce a motion that would get the ball rolling on a bid to host the Summer Olympics in Los Angeles. The motion would call on the Southern California Committee for the Olympic Games to gather and explore a future bid, potentially in 2024. On March of 2013, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has officially sent a letter to the USOC stating that the city is interested in bidding to host the 2024 Olympic Games.
- On August 5, 2012, it was reported that Dan Knise, President and CEO of the Washington-Baltimore 2012 Regional Coalition, which bid unsuccessfully for the 2012 Summer Games that were won by London, was scoping the level of interest for a joint DC-Baltimore bid for the 2024 Summer Games. According to the Baltimore Sun, Knise believes that "there's a little bit of a spark" for another attempt at securing the bid. The Sun also quoted John Moag Jr., a previous chairman of the Maryland Stadium Authority, in stating that the Baltimore-Washington area has "the largest sports infrastructure in a 40-mile radius."
- The Tulsa Olympics Exploratory Committee is currently exploring a bid for the 2024 Summer Olympics and is expected to place an official bid in 2015 with USOC consent. The Tulsa Olympics Exploratory Committee is currently suggesting an American Indian theme for 2024.
- On 22 April 2013, Mayor Nutter's office declared Philadelphia's interest in bidding for the 2024 Games. The city had previously expressed interest in hosting the 2016 Games, but lost out to Chicago as the USOC's bid city.
- A joint bid between San Diego, CA and Tijuana, Mexico is being explored. On May 8, 2013, San Diego Mayor Bob Filner met with Mitt Romney, who oversaw the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. Mayor Filner said Romney will act as an advisor for the bidding process.
- South Korea - SBS is the first television network to secure the broadcasting deals for these Games.
- "Nairobi Plans A 2024 Olympic Bid". GamesBids Inc. 8 August 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Nairobi planning bid for 2024 Olympics: Kenyan PM". Reuters. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Morocco to bid for 2024 or 2028 Olympic Games". Chinese Olympic Committee. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Bid cash is needed for service delivery". Sowetan LIVE. 2011-05-27. Retrieved 2012-07-21.
- "Durban Looks To 2020 Or 2024 Olympic Bid". GamesBids.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Study On South African Olympic Bid". Gamesbids.org. 16 August 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Doha 2020 Disappointed And Surprised Over Shortlist Elimination". GamesBids.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- Solomon, Erika (29 July 2011). "Olympics-Dubai opts out of 2020 bid, targets 2024". Reuters.
- "KMT presidential candidate aims at hosting Olympics". www.chinapost.com.tw. Retrieved 3 October 2009.
- "Universiade Doorway To Taiwan 2024 Summer Olympic Bid". GamesBids.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Baku 2020 Disappointed - Calls IOC Decision A "Setback"". GamesBids.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Baku Moves Foward [sic], Azerbaijan Plans Joint Bid to Host UEFA Euro 2020". GamesBids.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Qui sera élue capitale européenne de la culture ?", Le Figaro.
- "Voeux du CNOSF – Pas de candidature française aux JO avant 2024".
- "Laporte promet 35 millions d'Euros en attendant les Jo 2024
- "Most Popular E-mail Newsletter". USA Today. 12 July 2011.
- "Berlin mayor: we are fit to host Olympics". The Local. 31 July 2012.
- "Rome To Bid For 2024 Olympic Games". Gamesbids.com. 11 November 2012.
- "Rome 2024: Will the Eternal City be back for another Olympic bid?". SportsFeatures.com. 11 November 2012.
- 3:15 22/07/2012+24°C (2011-07-21). "Russia considers new Olympic bid | SPORTS". The Moscow News. Retrieved 2012-07-21.
- "Top official says St. Petersburg 2024 Olympics plan has support | Sports | RIA Novosti". En.ria.ru. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Колесніков марить Олімпіадою в Україні | Чемпіон". Champion.com.ua. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- Jim Byers City Hall Bureau Chief. "Third time lucky for T.O. Games bid?". thestar.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Toronto won't bid for 2020 Olympics". CBC News. 11 August 2011.
- "Toronto Olympics? Council looks at 2024 bid". thestar.com. 2012-06-08. Retrieved 2012-07-21.
- "Toronto City Council Overwhelming Votes On 2024 Summer Olympic Bid". GamesBids.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Toronto 2015 - Dress Rehearsal For Olympic Bid". GamesBids.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- CBC Sports (2012-05-26). "IOC's Jacques Rogge encourages Olympic bids for Quebec City, Toronto". Cbc.ca. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- Tabascohoy (2011-11-24). "Guadalajara quiere sede de los juegos olimpicos 2024". tabascohoy.com.mx. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- El Universal (2011-10-20). "Buscan en Senado que Guadalajara organice Olímpicos". eluniversal.com.mx. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "US set to bid for 2024 Olympics after ruling out campaign for 2022 Winter Games | 2022 Winter Olympics". insidethegames.biz. 2012-07-03. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "IOC agrees revenue-sharing deal with USOC | Latest". insidethegames.biz. 2012-05-24. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Olympics deal revives talk about Chicago games". Chicago Tribune. 2012-05-26. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "IOC, USOC resolve differences over revenues - ESPN". Espn.go.com. 2012-05-24. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "A New York City Olympic Games Considered". GamesBids.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- Steve Ericson (August 17, 2012). "Push Underway for Twin Cities to Host 2024 Olympics". CTN News.
- Degun, Tom. "US set to bid for 2024 Olympics after ruling out campaign for 2022 Winter Game". Inside the Games. Boxscore. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Lynn Zinser (February 19, 2013). "Trolling for a Summer 2024 Host, the U.S.O.C. Casts a 35-City Net". New York Times. Retrieved February 20, 2013.
- "Dallas gears up for 2024 Olympic bid". Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "Los Angeles 2015". Special Olympics. 2011-09-14. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- On the Scene -- Olympic Hopefuls Seek Wisdom in Lausanne
- Women and Sport Opens with Jeers for FIFA, Cheers for Trophy Winners
- http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/08/la-olympics-2024-councilman-explore-bid.html Councilman Tom LaBonge announced that he would introduce a motion that would get the ball rolling on a bid to host the Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
- http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/los-angeles-plans-bid-for-olympic-games-in-2024/1d2o95o07 Video of LA future vote
- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/07/olympics-2024-los-angeles_n_2831607.html LA letter to USOC
- Thomson, Candus. "Past Baltimore-Washington organizer considers 2024 Olympic bid". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- Thomson, Candus (August 5, 2012). "Past Baltimore-Washington organizer considers 2024 Olympic bid". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- New York Times, May 30, 2012. "Cities with the Most College-Educated Residents". Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- Santos, Patricia. "Tulsa to put in bid to host future Olympic Games".
- Warner, Bob. "Philadelphia voices interest in the 2024 Olympics". Philly.com. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- Press, Associated. "USOC CEO Scott Blackmun says 10 cities interested in bidding for 2024 Summer Olympics". Washington Post. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "IOC awards TV rights in Germany, Korea, France". USA Today. 5 July 2011. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
External links 
|Summer Olympic Games
XXXIII Olympiad (2024)
Popular search requests2024 Summer Olympics
is an object of interest for many people. For example, the people often search for 2024 Summer Olympics website, 2024 Summer Olympics blog, 2024 Summer Olympics online, 2024 Summer Olympics information, 2024 Summer Olympics photo, 2024 Summer Olympics picture, 2024 Summer Olympics video, 2024 Summer Olympics movie, 2024 Summer Olympics history, 2024 Summer Olympics news, 2024 Summer Olympics facts, 2024 Summer Olympics description, 2024 Summer Olympics detailed info, 2024 Summer Olympics features, 2024 Summer Olympics manual, 2024 Summer Olympics instructions, 2024 Summer Olympics comparison, 2024 Summer Olympics book, 2024 Summer Olympics story, 2024 Summer Olympics article, 2024 Summer Olympics review, 2024 Summer Olympics feedbacks, 2024 Summer Olympics selection, 2024 Summer Olympics data, 2024 Summer Olympics address, 2024 Summer Olympics phone number, download 2024 Summer Olympics, 2024 Summer Olympics reference, 2024 Summer Olympics wikipedia, 2024 Summer Olympics facebook, 2024 Summer Olympics twitter, 2024 Summer Olympics 2013, 2024 Summer Olympics 2014, 2024 Summer Olympics in the United States, 2024 Summer Olympics USA, 2024 Summer Olympics US, 2024 Summer Olympics in United Kingdom, 2024 Summer Olympics UK, 2024 Summer Olympics in Canada, 2024 Summer Olympics in Australia, etc.2024 Summer Olympics
is also an object of commercial interest. For example, many people are interested in 2024 Summer Olympics offers, 2024 Summer Olympics buy, 2024 Summer Olympics sell, 2024 Summer Olympics sale, 2024 Summer Olympics discounts, discounted 2024 Summer Olympics, 2024 Summer Olympics coupon, 2024 Summer Olympics promo code, 2024 Summer Olympics order, to order 2024 Summer Olympics online, to buy 2024 Summer Olympics, how much for 2024 Summer Olympics, 2024 Summer Olympics price, 2024 Summer Olympics cost, 2024 Summer Olympics price list, 2024 Summer Olympics tariffs, 2024 Summer Olympics rates, 2024 Summer Olympics prices, 2024 Summer Olympics delivery, 2024 Summer Olympics store, 2024 Summer Olympics online store, 2024 Summer Olympics online shop, inexpensive 2024 Summer Olympics, cheap 2024 Summer Olympics, 2024 Summer Olympics for free, free 2024 Summer Olympics, used 2024 Summer Olympics, and so on.Information source: wikipedia.org
Do you want to know more? Look at the full version of the 2024 Summer Olympics